Suntreat Food Safety
Suntreat’s Food Safety & Food Security programs, implemented since 2002, include
a full time Food Safety Officer and Quality Control Department located on-site.
Suntreat uses a systematic and scientific approach to these programs, ensuring the
safest, highest quality and best tasting citrus to our customers.
Suntreat’s Food Safety Program includes:
- Following Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Handling Practices (GHP), and
Good Management Practices (GMP)
- Utilizing Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles at all levels
of production and storage
- Twice monthly third-party pest monitoring and control
- COOL (Country of Origin Labeling) compliance on all packaging
- Employee training- Worker sanitation and hygiene practices, plant cleaning and Sanitation
Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)
- Monthly internal audit inspections
- Traceback and Recall – including semi-annual mock recall Suntreat’s products are
completely traceable throughout the supply chain through the use of GS1 Databar
stickers and we are compliant for GTIN carton traceability.
- GFSI compliant through annual third-party food safety audits